That’s right… these Christmas DIY art projects are so awesome (and easy) you might just make Santa jealous of your gorgeous holiday décor when he slides down your chimney on Christmas Eve.
Whether you hang one on your gallery wall, switch out a frame on your mantle or wrap one up and give it as a gift for a friend, there’s still plenty of time to create a beautiful piece of Christmas artwork for your home.
Here are 9 Christmas DIY art projects to inspire your holiday decorating spirit…
1. This Vintage Joy Sign look stunning by the front door paired with a sled. The full DIY project is detailed here. This project could easily be adapted by changing the word (think “Merry,” “Bright,” “Peace,” “Noel,” etc.) or by size.
2. The Jingle Bell Shadow Box. This is the shadow box I created this year with a few pieces from Hobby Lobby and a vinyl decal from Etsy. We’re using it as an advent calendar and adding a jingle bell every day until Christmas—my 4-year old loves waking up each morning and picking a bell to add.
3. How about a plaid reindeer on a burlap canvas? We love this little guy because he looks high end, but is actually so simple, easy and inexpensive to create! See how she did it here.
4. Create a Herringbone Canvas to add to your gallery wall. Pick Christmas colors that accent your décor. Get the project steps here.
5. We love this sweet little String Art Christmas Tree! I never realized these beautiful creations are so easy! You could also do a bell, star, reindeer, snowman… get creative and pick something that adds to your décor.
6. A Christmas Reindeer in a silver frame. Perhaps you aren’t the creative type—or just don’t have the time for a DIY this time of year—take the easy way out and grab our Vintage Reindeer printable and pop it in a frame. I added ours to the table behind our sofa and my daughter adores him.
7. This illuminated “Let it Snow” canvas is perfect for a mantle or other feature décor location. The addition of the lights really makes this a stand out piece. Get directions here.
8. A stunning Red Ribbon Star. We love this simple DIY project that’s detailed here. You could easily change the color of the ribbon to match your Christmas colors too. If you don’t have barn wood lying around, try a painted canvas or cover a piece of plywood in chalkboard paint.
9. Who doesn’t love glitter? And reindeers? Put them together and you have one piece of holiday artwork guaranteed to make Santa jealous! Project how-to’s here.
Which piece of art will you DIY this Christmas?